Looking for a delicious and easy meal to make on your next camping trip? Look no further than these Campfire Chicken Tortillas! This recipe is perfect for grilling over the campfire and can be customized with your favorite toppings. The marinated chicken is tender and flavorful, and the melted cheese and toppings add the perfect finishing touches. These tortillas are sure to be a hit with the whole group and will become a camping trip staple. Let's get cooking!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese (such as cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, diced onions, diced avocado, diced jalapeños, sour cream
- Preheat your grill or campfire to medium heat.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large resealable bag. Add the salsa to the bag and seal it shut. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, making sure to evenly distribute the pieces.
- Grill the chicken skewers over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until they are cooked through and no longer pink in the centre.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers and chop it into small pieces.
- Warm the tortillas over the grill or campfire until they are slightly charred and pliable.
- To assemble the tortillas, place a spoonful of chicken onto each tortilla, followed by some shredded cheese and any desired toppings.
- Roll up the tortillas and place them back on the grill or campfire until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are heated through.
- Serve the tortillas hot, with any remaining toppings on the side. Enjoy!