Out at Camp Participation Agreement and Liability Waiver
By registering and participating in any trip organized by Out at Camp, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Assumption of Risk: I understand and acknowledge that participating in outdoor activities, including but not limited to camping, hiking, and canoeing, involves inherent risks and dangers. These include, but are not limited to, physical injury, illness, mental distress, death, property damage, and loss. I understand that these risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, the actions of others, or unforeseeable circumstances.
- Health and Fitness: I certify that I am in good health and physical condition, and that I have no medical or other conditions, including mental health conditions, that would impair my ability to participate in outdoor activities. I acknowledge that I am responsible for ensuring that I have the necessary skills, knowledge, and physical and mental ability to safely participate in any activities associated with the trip.
- Release and Waiver of Liability: In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the trip, I hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Out at Camp, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or to any property belonging to me, while participating in the trip.
- Indemnification: I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of or related to my participation in the trip, including but not limited to any injury, death, or damage to property caused by my own actions, the actions of others, or unforeseeable circumstances.
- Photography and Publicity: I understand that Out at Camp may take photographs or videos of participants during the trip, and that these photographs or videos may be used for promotional or other purposes. I hereby grant Out at Camp the right to use my name, likeness, image, and voice in connection with any photographs, videos, or other recordings taken during the trip.
- Governing Law: This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province, territory, state, and country in which the trip takes place.
- Acknowledgement: I have carefully read and fully understand this disclaimer, and I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the trip with knowledge of the risks involved. I agree to abide by all rules and instructions given by Out at Camp and its representatives, and to act responsibly and safely at all times during the trip.